- UV-VIS spectrophotometer with multiple cuvettes, thermostatic control and continuous stirring.
- UV-VIS plate reader.
- HPLC system with electrochemical detection.
- HPLC system with UV detection.
- HPLC system with fluorescence detection.
- Automatic sample injector for HPLC systems.
- Conventional PCR system 1 to assess gene expression.
- Real-time PCR (qPCR) to quantify gene expression.
- Western blot system (buckets, power supply, etc.) to quantify levels of specific proteins.
- Vacuum concentrator.
- Equipment for basic immunohistochemistry (microtome, microscope, etc.).
- Microcentrifuge, refrigerated centrifuge and ultracentrifuge.
- Basic laboratory -Equipment2.
- Image documentation system.
1 Thermocycler, electrophoresis system, system of image analysis for gels.
2 -20 and -80 freezers, distillation and ultra-pure water equipment, balances, pH meters, normal and orbital shakers, incubation baths, incubation stoves, sterilizer, sonicator, homogenizer, micropipettes, multichannel pipettes, dispensers, etc.
- 4 Equipped research laboratories (200 m2 in total).
- Cell culture laboratory (CO2 incubator, strelizer, laminar flow hood, inverted microscope).
- Wet lab for fish experimentation in Marine Science Station (ECIMAT) of the University of Vigo in Toralla Island.
- Techniques of manipulation, surgery, substance delivery, collection and processing of samples for research both in vivo and in vitro with tissues and cells of fish.
- Quantification of metabolites and enzymatic activities by UV-VIS spectrophotometry, HPLC, and fluorimetry.
- Quantification of neurotransmitters and hormones.
- Quantification by qRT-PCR of mRNA levels resulting from gene expression.
- Quantification by western blot for the presence of specific proteins.
- Quantification by ELISA of plasma hormone levels.
- Techniques of immunohistochemistry to assess the presence of specific proteins in tissues.
- Evaluation of parameters related to food intake and growth.
- Assessment of locomotor activity.